The DivaCup is a revolutionary alternative to tampons and pads!
It goes where? I have to do what? Yes, you wear the DivaCup in “there”, in your vagina… but we promise, it is not as scary as it sounds. In fact, your body will thank you for giving it the period care it deserves.
The DivaCup is a reusable, bell-shaped menstrual cup that is worn internally and sits low in the vaginal canal, collecting rather than absorbing your menstrual flow. Menstrual cups have existed since the 1930s when women were searching for an alternative to the choices of the time. Yet, its breakthrough into the feminine hygiene industry is much more recent.
Many women feel uneasy about changing their menstrual care routine. Years of dealing with the sights and odors of disposable tampons and pads cause the familiar reaction: “ick!”. The DivaCup empowers women to connect with their bodies and menstrual cycles like never before. Perfect for all activities (on air, land or sea), its easy care and use make for a better period experience. Wear the DivaCup for up to 12 hours without leaks or worry.
• 12 hour leak-free protection!
• Made from the highest quality healthcare grade silicone to assure comfort and durability
• Does not contain any of the following: latex, plastic, PVC, acrylic, acrylate, BPA, phthalate, elastomer, polyethylene, and free of colors and dyes
• Reusable and eco-friendly – no waste, no chemicals
• Features extra grip ridges for easier removal
• Cleared for marketing by the US FDA and the Australian TGA and the only reusable menstrual cup allowed to be sold in Canada by Health Canada.
• Diva International Inc. is the only ISO 13485:2003 certified menstrual cup manufacturer and head office in the world!
Discover the healthy, “non-ick” alternative to traditional feminine hygiene products. Join women worldwide by switching to the DivaCup today!
How it Works
Step 1: Fold
- Fold Option 1 “U Fold“: Press the sides of the cup together and then fold it in half again forming a tight “U” shape.
- Fold Option 2 “Push Down“: Place a finger on the top rim of the cup and press it down into the center of the inside base to form a triangle. This makes the top rim much smaller to insert.
Step 2: Hold
Hold the folded sides firmly in place between your thumb and forefinger so that the curved edge is facing away from your palm (or so that the stem is facing your palm).
Step 3: Insert
In a comfortable position and with your vaginal muscles relaxed, gently separate the labia with your free hand and then push the curved edge of the folded DivaCup horizontally into the vaginal opening.
Step 4: Seal and Rotate
Grip the base of the cup (not the stem) and turn the cup one full rotation (360 degrees) in either direction or insert the cup about half way, turn the cup one full rotation and then push it horizontally in the rest of the way. The DivaCup must rotate easily as this ensures that it is fully open and that it is positioned horizontally towards your tailbone.
Step 5: Removal
To remove, pull gently on the stem of the DivaCup until you can reach the base of the cup. Pinch the base of the cup to release the seal and continue to pull down to remove it. After the cup has been removed, empty the contents in the toilet, wash the DivaCup well with warm water and a mild unscented water-based (oil-free) soap, and reinsert.
When to empty
The DivaCup must be emptied, washed and reinserted at least 2 times a day (twice in a 24 hour period) and can be worn overnight without concern of leaking. Most women need only to empty it in the morning and again in the evening.
By monitoring the fullness of the cup over a couple of cycles, you will quickly learn how often to empty it according to your specific needs. Most women find that the cup is not even half full after 12 hours. For those with heavier flows, the cup is simply emptied more often.
If you have a fairly regular cycle, you may insert the DivaCup right before your period to avoid spotting.
Choose your size
The DivaCup is available in two sizes, Model 1 and Model 2. There is a small difference between the two sizes (Model 1 is 1/8″ (~0.3 cm) smaller), but it is important to use the recommended sizing to prevent leakage.
• Model 1 (diameter: 4.3 cm): Recommended for women under 30 years old who have never delivered vaginally or by caesarean section.
• Model 2 (diameter: 4.6 cm): Recommended for women over 30 years old and/or for women who have delivered vaginally or by caesarean section.
Customer Reviews for DivaCup - Menstrual Cup - Model 2 - Free delivery in 24h
There is no review in English yet.